We teamed up with Scottish brand MacSween and Justin got to work creating a couple of recipes using their delicious haggis. This was one of them – the other was some rather tasty haggis parathas – just click the link for recipes on the website header #notjustforburns
454g stick of Macsweens haggis, cooked and broken up
400g maris piper potatoes, peeled and diced and boiled
butter or oil
1 leek, washed and sliced
1 onion, peeled and sliced
small bunch of parsley, washed and chopped
salt and pepper
1. Fry onion and leek in butter or oil till just beginning to colour.
2. Add cooked potato and crumbled haggis.
3. Continue to cook, stirring through till hot, taking care not to break up potatoes too much.
4. Season to taste then add chopped parsley.
5. Serve on warmed plates with oatcakes and a final sprinkling of parsley.