Scotch Lamb Loin Chop, Pomme Anna, Braised Peas and Lettuce
Scotch Lamb Loin Chop, Pomme Anna, Braised Peas and Lettuce (serves 2)
6 Scotch lamb loin chops
400g potatoes (waxy), such as Ratte
1 head baby gem lettuce
1 banana shallot, sliced
200ml chicken stock
20g Dijon mustard
150g frozen/fresh peas
Method for the Pomme Anna
1.Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C.
2. Slice potatoes very thinly on a mandolin.
3.Rinse potatoes under water to remove starch.
4.Pat dry in a single layer on towels.
5.Butter the inside of pan or ovenproof dish.
6.Layer potatoes, brushing with butter and seasoning every layer until finished.
7. Cover and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
Method for theÂ Braised Peas
1. Saute the sliced shallot in butter until soft in pan.
2. Add peas and sliced baby gem lettuce.
3. Add chicken, stock and one teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
4. Cook for five minutes on a medium heat to reduce stock.
5. Season and keep warm.
Method for Chops
1. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
2. Cook on a griddle till done to your liking and then rest them.
3. Brush chops with Dijon mustard and dip into finely chopped chives.
To serve: Pour the lamb resting juice into the peas. Arrange the Pomme Anna, peas and chops on the plate and serve with pea shoots and chives.